6/23/14 What on Earth am I Here for? Day 16

2014.06.23 17:37

Jon 조회 수:1517

Week 3 - Fellowship: We are formed for God's Family

Memory Verse: You are members of God's very own family...and you belong in God's household with every other Christian. (Eph 2:19)

Day 16 - What matters most? 

Second purpose is to live in God's family.  Like any family or relationship, the most important ingredient is LOVE. 

Love is what draws us first to come to God, and love holds us together in an unbreakable bond with God, and love inspires us to love others.  1 Cor 13:13 says, "Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

We are told to love God and love others.  “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”  (Mark 12:30-31)

Jesus also gave us, Christians, a new commandment on the night before he was crucified.  "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."  (John 13:34-35)

Jesus gave us an impossible task of loving other Christians as Jesus loved us – unlike “love your neighbor as yourself”.  The standard in loving other Christians is Jesus himself.  There is an incredible difference in the measure of love that we are to have for other believers than for unbelievers.  That is the glue that holds us together with one another as we are held together with Jesus – as the metaphor of a temple.  When you are integrated into a body of Christ held together by the love of Jesus (the kind of love that lays down his life for his friends – John 15:13), then there is no greater security, support, protection, care, encouragement, comfort, joy, pleasure….  The list goes on.

Are you up to the task?  We are a very diverse group, in age, background, lifestyle…  But the one thing holds us together – that is the love for Christ who paid for our sins.  Are you willing to step up and love me, her, him, and them as Jesus loved you?  Are you willing to pray for believers who are persecuted in a distant place?  Are you willing to stand up for believers who are ridiculed and taken to court for speaking the truth?  The proof of spiritual maturity is found in how we love.

Just as we have to work at LOVING GOD, we have to work at LOVING OTHERS, not to gain our salvation, but because I have been saved by faith through the work of Jesus Christ.  It is out of gratitude for his love and mercy that we should endeavor to LOVE.

10505 New Rd., Fairfax Station, VA 22039 T. 703-249-1356
COPYRIGHT ⓒ shalomkpcw.com ALL RIGHT RESERVED.

로그인

로그인폼

로그인 유지